Sunday, June 14, 2009

First TNT Team Training - Bike & Walk

It's Sunday morning and I am sitting here eating my breakfast, preparing myself for my first solo ride today (45 minutes). Yesterday was the first team training. We did a 45 minute bike ride and a 15 minute run. I may have been the slowest pace on the bike, but I don't care. I finished it! I actually got a whole 8.1 miles. A few stops to catch my breath and some great accolades and pushing from Chris (a coach who actually does Iron Man competitions), I was able to make the whole 45 minutes. The run (which I walked) wasn't easy. I just couldn't get my legs back from the bike. Walking was better than quitting! I walked about 1/2 mile or a little less.

Today my shoulders, ankles and feet hurt quite a bit, but not enough I guess to keep me off the bike today. So, I'm off...gonna keep it pretty flat today. Probably just go down Shungate and around Raintree Ridge. Nothing too hard since I am by myself.

Swim training starts tomorrow. That should be fun! I'll let you know how it goes. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment