Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Official TNT Kickoff last night

Last night was great. What an inspiring night. LLS hosted the official kickoff for this season. We got to meet Noah, a great kid who one year ago was diagnosed with ALL, a form of leukemia. He is one of our two Heroes that we are honoring. We also met our coaches and mentors! I got to meet everyone on the Tri team. There is about 8 of us and half are from Indiana and half from Kentucky. We received our training schedules. All I can say is I am glad soccer season is over! We have our first bike and run training session this Saturday at Silver Creek. I was scared they were going to expect us to bike and run so many miles, but they train in minutes, so everyone can move at their own pace. I really like that. So it's 45 minutes of biking and 15 running. I THINK I can do that, I just won't go as far as everyone else and that's OK! Then we start my favorite part, swimming on Monday. We do that twice a week. Can't wait. I'll let you know how it goes Saturday!

Don't forget...if you are able to help support the cause, my website is http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/CoxTri09/lburgan. Or you can mail a check to my house made out to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. My address is 5802 Windy Pl., Jeffersonville, IN 47130. Thanks for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment