Monday, June 22, 2009

Hurting more now than when started

I cannot explain it and I am sure it has to do with the Cherokee ride Saturday, but boy am I sore. EVERY muscle on me hurts. Even in the palms of my hands! So bad that I only rode 15 minutes yesterday, which means I have to ride 45 minutes tonight after swim practice. Yuck!

Saturday I hurt so badly afterwards. Both my knees and ankles were swollen. I iced them when I got home after breakfast, but I am not sure it was enough. I really should have rested more, but I was determined not to nap. I had things I wanted to get done. Maybe that was my mistake and why I feel like I do. I have to remember baby steps!

Last week I felt so good every morning. Little soreness, full of energy. Yesterday (Sunday) and today I have no energy and just down right hurt! I don't know the difference ... but I am going to start into a training diet today (had a nutrition and hydration class Saturday) and hopefully that will help me a lot with the ups and downs in energy.

I also have a doctor's appointment this week for my yearly physical. Going to talk with her to get her advice. Have her check my sugar (it's been acting really weird lately) and a few other things. Hopefully she will also give me a referral to a rheumatologist. I tried to make an appt with my old one, but since it has been over two years, they need a referral. I want them to work with me on the arthritis in the hips, ankles and knees. I think that will help a lot with my running. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment