Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swimming ... Day 3

Last night we learned flip turns. That was easy. After I got comfortable with when to start into it, it all came flooding back to me. Got that down. Now I have to work on keeping my head down. I am looking up (now understanding why my neck hurts). I guess I am trying to see in front of me. I also noticed that I have a hard time turning to take a breath when I am looking down. So Wednesday I have to work on these things and also trying to breathe to my right. I have no idea why I breathe to the left, I always used my right. But I need to get the left side stronger and I think that will help my endurance too.

A bunch of the group are running after swimming now. I was asked, but just didn't feel I could. I still am hurting, besides I really cannot run (yet)! But I made a deal with Katie (she is the director of TNT). When I can swim a 100m without stopping, I will start running afterwards with the group. So here it is in black and white (well, pink), my promise to the group! I really would like to do this by July 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment