Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Bike and Continued Training

I got my bike in Friday. It is so pretty! It is pure white with some blue lettering. Just my size (small), I love it! Pat put it together for me. I had to adjust the brakes and there was a problem with the gears, but I think we have all that adjusted now. Thanks Rick! It was ready for me when I got home from swimming last night. Rode it around the block a couple times. Tonight's extra training is a 60 minute bike ride. I am definitely gonna get that in since I missed it this weekend.

Swimming last night was good. I felt the best I have ever after a swim. I am usually pretty whooped. We were supposed to swim 1800m (2x200, 600, 500, 300) but because I am a slower swimmer, I only got 1600m in. But I look at it this way...I swam over a mile! We used the kick board (liked) and a buoy thingy you put between your legs (no kicking, just strokes). Boy was that buoy thing hard! I had a hard time breathing. But I am sure it will help in the long run. Wednesday we are going to do our timed 800m for the entry form seeding. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment