Thursday, July 30, 2009

Timed 800M for seeding

I had set goals early in training for each of the events using the listed results from last year in my age group.

My Goals:
24 minutes for swimming
1 hour 15 minutes for biking
45 minutes for the run.

So on the Sunday we rode in Lexington, I completed the bike in 1 hour 35 minutes, on a mountain bike. With the road bike I should be able to shave at least the 20 minutes off to hit my goal.

We had to complete the 800M last night for seeding on the tri application. My swim was clocked at 20' 54" - How flipping cool! I am already 3 minutes better than the goal I set.

Now, my goal for the last five to six weeks is run, run, run. They tell me I should start running (or walking) five days a week. I am going to have to start getting up early to get out and walk/run. I just don't have much time in the evenings with the kids activities and my other training. So, starting tonight...it's to bed early (by 10) and getting up an hour earlier, five days a week! I'll keep you posted.

Also, my fundraising isn't going as well as I had hoped! If you haven't yet and you are able to donate, please do so on the following link:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/CoxTri09/lburgan

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment