Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Walking getting easier too!

Well, walking last night seemed to be easier! YEAH!!!! I have figured out I need to really relax during my walk. I guess I am so tense, my calves get stiff and I cramp. But last night I really worked on relaxing as I walked my 30 minutes. Twice around the Prosser parking lot plus once around the main building. I am guessing this is about 1.25 miles or so, maybe more. I plan to run it with the van Thursday to get a better estimate. The whole point is that I didn't cramp, it actually felt pretty good! One more step closer to finishing this Tri!

We just got our training schedule for the next month. Anthony (the cycling/running coach) is having us do some strange things during our rides with the gears. He knows what he is doing, but I just got the gears down on how to use them...now this? He always give us a minimum amount of stuff to do on the training and then adds stuff for Intermediate and Advanced. My goal is to do at least two of the extra runs and some extra biking. Here we go....

Oh, Team In Training has asked for volunteers for the Louisville Ironman. We are going to be body markers! I have volunteered for this, as it sounds like fun...Plus I get a t-shirt and a TNT hat! What better reason to get up at 3 in the morning?

Look for me at the intersection of Breckenridge and Taylorsville Road Saturday from 12-3. TNT is doing a roadblock!

Donations: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ky/CoxTri09/lburgan

No comments:

Post a Comment