Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Bike on it's way

Okay, so after talking with people Sunday on the ride, and then my husband talking with various people at Norton's that are doing the Norton's Ride for Cancer, he talked me into finally getting an actual road bike. As much as I grunted about spending money on something I may never do again, we compromised . . . I bought an inexpensive GMC Denali 700c Road Bike. It is really just my size . . . a 19" frame. Sounds like it has everything the more expensive bikes have, you know tires, brakes, gears, a chain, etc. ;-) Found it at Dick's Sporting Goods, but had to order on line. They said they would assemble it for me when it comes in for about $10-$20. Not too bad to make sure it is together correctly.

So, hopefully I will get it in and together before my first ride in August. We'll see. I just hope it wasn't a waste of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment