Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Not Realizing It . . . Until Tonight

I got my bike back yesterday from Schwinn. After the busy night running one of the kids around and grocery shopping, I was determined to get a ride in before dark and I had about 30 minutes, so off I went. The gears on my bike have been giving me fits, so I also wanted to test those out. WOW! They worked great! Not wanting to venture out on the main roads because of the setting sun, I decided just to ride between the two neighborhoods. One is fairly flat and ours has some decent hills (nothing like Cherokee though). I rode right at 5 miles in the 30 minutes of daylight I had. Not too awful bad. But you know what I noticed, I really wanted to ride a lot more! I was actually upset I wasn't able to get more time in!

While talking with the hubby last night, I realized how I felt when I had to get off the bike. I asked him if he remembered four weeks ago when I couldn't make it from our house up the tiny hill into the neighborhood beside us. Couldn't be much more than 1/4 mile or so. I would have to stop and would be out of breath, complaining and asking again, 'why was I doing this?' It is hard to believe that now four weeks later, I am complaining that can't ride longer. Funny how that works, uh?

No comments:

Post a Comment